Tuesday, June 18, 2013

TOGA is over for another year....

It was a great weekend if a little  hectic. We got to the church Friday and got set up. Our first class was t-shirt scarves. Guess what I will be making for Christmas gifts this year? Then of course lunch. There always has to be food!
In the afternoon we made thread catchers. Those things are awesome! Do you use one? I'd looked at them  and looked at them and just never took the time to make one. Why did I wait so long?
Then before we knew it it was time to leave for the day. Since we were done with the machines we loaded them up. Now comes the really genius move I made......I left my purse there! We got all the way to the motel to check in before we realized it too. So a mad rush back to the church hoping and praying someone was still there. Thankfully someone was! Needless to say by the time we checked in, ate supper and got back we were tired. We watched some tv and went to bed.
Saturday morning we made the fabric flowers to go on top of the thread catchers. They're really cute! My daughter though did a MUCH better job at making them than I did though! Mine looked kind of windblown.  Then it was time to clean up and head home.
We made it home safely only to discover we had left something.....again! My camera! Thankfully a couple that lives nearby found it and emailed me. I'll be meeting them later this week to get it back.
So no TOGA pictures till then!

But here's one of Miss Calikat this morning.....she was spellchecking for me! Taken with the webcam so not great...but see those earrings at the bottom of the pic? I got those last year at TOGA and wore them all weekend this year!


2 comments:

  1. I got a pair of those earrings at the NE TX TOGA, I love them! My cats took off with one and it took me a week to find them! Sounds like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I caught this little one trying to carry one off right after I took that picture! But at least I caught her before it was gone.

    ReplyDelete