Friday, January 25, 2013

Thimbles, thimbles, thimbles.....


I have a love/hate relationship with thimbles. I love them for the simple fact that they protect my finger from needle jabs. I've decided that there's not much that hurts worse than jamming a tiny little quilting needle in your finger. For that reason alone the thimble could be my best friend! These are just a few of the ones I've tried....so far the little black one is the best. There were more but I lost them!

The only issue with the black one is that they wear out. At $6 a pop buying 2-3 of them a year is to me money wasted that I could have bought fabric with! I know, I know! After the last post and seeing the boxes of scraps I don't need fabric but dh doesn't NEED to smoke either and he still does! That really is another whole post though....

Anyway back to thimbles. It seems the metal ones are either too big or too small. They won't fit my finger or they fall off. The plastic ones aren't bad but not comfy.

I found a new one to try though and maybe, maybe it will be the perfect thimble for me and last longer. I am hoping so!

No comments:

Post a Comment