Wednesday, March 20, 2013

One of my favorite quilt books....

    I love this book! I saw it awhile back and had to order it. 

See that quilt on the cover?

                                    
 I would love to have that as my bedroom. Can't you just imagine waking up with that sunlight streaming in? On a nice chilly morning and you're all toasty warm under that quilt? Or a spring morning and the windows are open and the birds are singing? Needless to say there would be no sounds of traffic or modern life!

I was looking at it last night and oldest son came in. He really like that quilt too. He hinted not very subtly that he would like one like that......now what am I to do? If I make me one he's going to want it!

arghh! oh well I guess for now we'll just have to appease ourselves with looking at the book...since I am plugging along with the wedding quilt for oldest dd and if my "Momma Instinct" is right I think there will be another wedding in the family soon that require a quilt.
I do wonder though how this quilt would look as a scrappy?

Oh and if you want your own copy here's a link (I hope)

http://www.amazon.com/Country-Quilts-Linda-Seward/dp/0802114709

2 comments:

  1. Traditionally it's called Seven Sisters. I love them. Wouldn't it be fun to make each "family" from a variety of scraps the same color--so you could have a family of yellow sisters, red sisters, blue sisters, etc.
    I hand pieced a 6-pt star quilt back in the late 70-s thru 80s. There's just something very pleasing about these--and I love the fences around the version you showed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is EXACTLY what I was thinking! Scrappy! I did a small block of this for my Civil War sampler....finished at 8 inches. Those tiny stars were hard! My 12yo son loves this quilt too and says he would love to have one for his bed.

    ReplyDelete