Monday, March 11, 2013

Took the weekend off!

and it was exactly what I needed!
Saturday was a beautiful day. I spent the afternoon outside...watching my chickens and smelling the earth as dh tilled it up to start preparing for the garden. I just stood there with my eyes closed and smelled. There is something about good fresh dirt that is intoxicating! I got my hands in it......just stuck them in and felt the dirt. The earthworms are active even though the ground is still a little cold. I think I will plant some lettuce this week.
So I guess the old saying is true.....you can take a girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl.

Oh and a funny for you....there's always something funny coming out of the mouth of my 16yo daughter....
She said, "The cats get catnip...aka kitty crack, and Momma gets dirt, so they're both high!"
Kids.....ya gotta love em!



 And a picture of last year's lowly Dandelion. Have you ever really looked at a Dandelion? They've a beauty all their own I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment