Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pure relaxation!



And oooh boy did I need it! This past weekend....Easter weekend.....was crazy!
We found out that our soon to be 22yo daughter had eloped........three weeks earlier! Yep, you read that right....3 weeks ago.

Talk about a shock to the whole family.....Sunday it really hit me hard and I was just out of sorts and grumpy.

Monday though life had to continue...the girls had Student Council. That's a two hour event so I always take something with me to do. The boys have fun running around and playing with friends and acting like wild people for those two hours.

The sun was shining, there was a small breeze, and the temp was close to 70. I pulled out my truck blanket and set up in the bed of the truck. Yes I am a true redneck girl.....just give me my truck and I can entertain myself for hours! lol!

I've finally decided on a pattern for the hexies. I saw a quilt similar to this online and loved it. So here's what mine will look like eventually....
there will be small diamonds between the flowers.
It may take me 10 years to finish it but one day....

Oh and I got myself a present, to cheer myself up. I've been drooling over these for ages now. I just love vintage sewing items! Every once in awhile I look at new machines and think one would be nice for a few seconds and then I think nah....my vintage machines do everything I need.
This is going beside the couch where I sit to watch tv. Then all my things are together in one place and hopefully the kids won't be "borrowing" anything! 
My sweet hubby doesn't mind me quilting a bit if I throw the quilt over him and snuggle up a little while quilting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment